Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20th - O Key of David

In today's O Antiphon, Jesus is called the Key of David. People with keys are often recognized as people with authority and/or special permissions. Jesus is the key that opens the gate of heaven for us. In the book of Revelation (3:7-8,11) the Lord says this:

                            "I am the one who is holy and true, and I have the keys that
                         belonged to David. When I open a door, no one can close it.
                         And when I close a door, no one can open it. Listen to what I
                         say.
                            "I know everything you have done. And I have placed before
                         you an open door that no one can close. You were not very
                         strong, but you obeyed my message and did not deny that you
                         are my followers.
                            "I am coming soon. So hold firmly to what you have, and no
                         one will take away the crown that you will be given as your
                         reward."


O come, O Key of David, come,
And open wide our heav'nly home,
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to you, O Israel.
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment