Monday, November 1, 2010

A Pumpkin Prayer

Last week, Sister Catherine prayed with the seventh grade class...
 
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin,
God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
He opens you up, touches you deep inside
and scoops out all of the yucky stuff:
Including the seeds of doubt, hate and greed.
Then He carves you a new smiling face and
He puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me forgive others.
Open my eyes to see the beauty 
 You’ve made in the world around me.
I’m sorry for the times
I’ve turned my nose at the good You provide.
Let everything I say please You.
Lord, help me show Your Light to others
through the things I do and say.
When I see others needing a light, help me to share mine.  Amen
Sr. Catherine even brought her own pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment